Friday 13 May 2011

Watch New Trend - Bejeweled Waist

Traditional Gold and Turquoise Ornament

Innovative jewelry placement seems to be one of the themes of the season. A trend that I very much appreciate and have been advocating for a while. Whether it be belts or belly chains, they help accentuate an hourglass figure, present a trim waist line and enhance the bust and and hips. Here are a few of my favourite examples of bejeweled waists.

This is such a stunning piece of jewelry. What a sumptuous and beautiful way to give the traditional southern 'oddiyanam' an art deco twist! I'm totally in love with this number. If I ever get married, it'll be just so I can wear this during the ceremony.



Golden Empress

I know I've fervently spoken out against hip ornaments, but this is different. this is a showstopper piece and will look good no matter where you wear it. It stands out against this cream coloured saree, but because of it's elaborate, luxurious quality, you can probably get away with wearing this piece with any saree (as long as it has gold embroidery). Make sure you only wear it to an appropriately lavish event or your own wedding! It's not something you should wear to your local SASA formal.



Floral Cut Gold 'Oddiyannam'

Perhaps this is a look only Shilpa Shetty can pull off, but nonetheless, it's worth trying out. The mesh work is quote an innovation as far as Desi ornaments go.




Stitched-On Waist Ornament

Not only is this such a gorgeous colour and design, I adore the empire waist line created by this pretty little trinket. It's definitely a look that will work for most people. It's simple, it's sexy and it's one of the most 'in' looks! I love, love, love!!




Belted Saree

I'm usually the first person to trash the idea of belting a saree, but after I saw this I'm not all that adverse to the concept. Yes, not all belts work and you shouldn't belt most sarees, but it works well here. The saree is a very simple one, but the colour is very rich and the embroidery gives it a very traditional Indian feel. The jeweled leather belt serves as a nice counter point of modernity and oomph to the traditional ochre saree. It definitely works well here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...